I have done several search assignments to fill Board of Directors positions.
Here are some tips on what to consider and questions to ask when adding, or replacing, a member of your Board of Directors:
- Is your Board capable of addressing the strategic direction of the company and leading the company to the next level of success?
- Does your Board represent the current and future employees and customers of the company?
- Does your Board have the accounting, audit, and financial expertise to address the issues in today’s market?
- Is your Board addressing the diversity issues, including ethnic, gender, and even geographic, which represent critical elements of your company’s business environment?
- Does your Board include a variety of skill sets and viewpoints which will provide a broad range of opinions and approaches to problems?
Click here for more info on recruiting Board Members