Carl J. Taylor & Co. is a management consulting firm specializing in executive search. Our practice develops and maintains close working relationships with a limited number of organizations. Given that most hiring decisions depend on an individual’s “fit” within an organization, we strive to know the personality of the employer. The satisfactory completion of difficult searches, the development of an in depth knowledge of our clients’ working environments, and numerous “repeat requests” by our clients to conduct searches for positions throughout their organizations all demonstrate our success.
Given Carl’s personal experience in Management Consulting, the firm initially focused its search efforts on serving professional services firms (management consulting, engineering, and public accounting). However, as his professional associates and clients moved to other corporate environments, Carl’s search practice has expanded to serve a variety of organizations with their senior level and one-of-a-kind search needs. A large number of our assignments are conducted in the Texas market (Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, Houston and San Antonio), but we have successfully worked with clients throughout the country.
Corporate search experience includes…
- Senior and middle level management positions
- Client size ranging from start up enterprises to multi-billion dollar corporations
- Companies in the Manufacturing, Construction, Energy, Education, Healthcare and Financial Services industries
- Positions encompassing Board of Directors, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, Accounting/Finance, Research and Development, and Information Technology
Professional services firm search experience includes….
- Firms Served – Management Consulting, Engineering, Public Accounting
- All levels – Partners, Principals, Directors, Senior Managers, Managers, Project Leaders
- A wide variety of industry specializations – Energy, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Consumer Business and Retail, Healthcare, Water and Wastewater, Solid Waste, Utilities, Public Sector
- A cross section of functional capabilities – Strategy, Operations, Financial, Accounting, Audit, Tax, Engineering, Human Resources and Information Technology
About Carl Taylor
Carl Taylor has over thirty years of experience providing professional services to a wide range of clients. He spent over eleven years in the management consulting and public accounting profession managing engagements in financial analysis, strategic and business planning, operations improvement, organization evaluation, and litigation support.
His industry experience included telecommunications, utilities, banking, manufacturing, retail, health care, and the public sector. He also served as the National Director of Planning and Special Projects for a Big 4 public accounting firm.
Carl has over twenty years of experience in the executive search profession. He has successfully completed searches for large and small professional services firms and corporate clients of all sizes. Carl’s personal experience in the consulting business has enabled him to quickly learn a client’s business and, more importantly, its culture which has led to many successful searches, including multiple successes for a single client.
Carl received a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Accounting from the University of Texas and a Master of Business Administration Degree in Finance from the University of North Texas. He lives with his wife and two daughters in Dallas, Texas.